MAKING YOUR STATIONARY RANGE.
It is important to use a consistent style throughout your range.
Style can be broken down into specific elements, such as:
1. Color Palette
3. Logo / Logotype
Step by Step of using CAD to produce your range:
1. Create your pattern on Photoshop, using approx 3 colours, 3 brush styles, and 3 layers for each brush. (by using separate layers you can go back into your .psd file at later date if you want to change it)
2. Save pattern as Jpg as well as .psd file (no smaller than A4)
3. Open an A4 doc in Illustrator and FILE > PLACE you pattern onto the doc. Then lock the layer > create new layer > and FILE > PLACE you logo onto the same doc
4. Resize your logo, and press COMMAND +R to show Ruler Guides.Leaving a border around the edges of around 2cm, you can then use the RECTANGLE TOOL to create a box for your text
(in this example, I have filled the rectangle with white, and applied a STROKE colour to give the box a black border.
5. Apply the same style to a new document for your business cards front & back, as well as your compliments slip, should you choose to design one.
6. Save all of your files as Illustrator files & jpegs once you are ready to export them.
You can then open them in Photoshop and rezise them for web.
Change the dpi from 300 to 72 and save the documents as ‘Stationary Range SMALL’
!!! DO NOT SAVE OVER YOUR HIGH RES DOCUMENTS !!!
7. You can now drag all of your files into the document of the ‘floorboards’ which can be found on this Tumblr site.
Select all of the layers by holding SHIFT, then resize (transform) your stationary range at the same time to keep the correct scale.
8. Apply a DROP SHADOW on the Layer Style Options, and copy the LAYER STYLE to paste onto the other layers to make sure the shadows are consistent.
9. Before uploading to your Tumblr portfolio, go to CUSTOMIZE in your tumblr options and CREATE NEW PAGE.
This page will be your Stationary Range Page, and will appear as a separate link to the rest of your personal work.